Sunday 18 March 2012

Stress and mental conditions excluded from teachers' insurance cover?

I have had it reported to me that when a teacher is looking for critical illness insurance cover it is only available if mental conditions and stress-related illness are excluded.


I have not found any hard evidence to back this up yet, but would like to know if anyone has had cover refused unless these exceptions are included. I'm particularly interested in teachers but would welcome responses from those in other occupations.  Please contact me if you have taken out critical illness cover with or without the exceptions.   Any responses will be treated in the strictest confidence.  I would only be interested in using anonymous data.


Please comment below or, to protect any personal data you may not wish to include on a public site, email responses to john@teachermentalhealth.org.uk


You can return to my site here http://teachermentalhealth.org.uk/

1 comment:

  1. Please contact me if you have taken out critical illness cover with or without the exceptions. Any responses will be treated in the strictest confidence. I would only be interested in using anonymous data. online

    ReplyDelete